Week 3/52: Goals Check-in
At the end of each week, for my accountability I am going to check on the progress of my goals. Let’s see how this week went:
- Log my food & exercise. CHECK! I am still going strong with My Fitness Pal. This week all days were at or below my calorie goal! I noticed my calorie goal decreased from 1410 to 1330. I thought at first it was because I adjusted my exercise goals, but I think it was because I lost so much weight. The one really nice thing is that when I exercise I have a few extra calories to play with. And remember, if you use My Fitness Pal, please add me (dizzymomma) as a friend so we can keep each other motivated!
- Follow my E-mealz Portion Controlled plan. CHECK! I did some cooking and quite a few leftovers this week. Almost everything was really yummy, but I especially enjoyed the Italian burgers made with Italian dressing, onion and ground round. We had them on English muffins and it was quite tasty. I have struggled this week to keep myself satisfied, especially this past weekend. I just wanted to eat junk! I am sure part of it was I didn’t exercise either Saturday or Sunday and our days are a lot less structured… TV watching = snacking = danger! Saturday I was so upset with my urges to eat junk I just refused to eat anything snacky and ended up crying over how unfair it was that I couldn’t eat whatever I wanted. Then because I didn’t eat, My Fitness Pal warned me I ate too few calories….damned if I do eat, damned if I don’t.
- Eliminate my addiction to sugar. Nope, I’m starting this in February. Still forming my plan of attack. I contacted my friend Rachel who eliminated sugar for two months. She had some good recommendations: Eliminate a few things at a time, then when you’re ready gradually add them back but in moderate amounts. She also reminded me of a great book I read last year called Never Say Diet by Chantal Hobbs. I think I may have to dedicate an entire post in praise of this book, but it’s an amazingly inspirational story and diet and exercise program. I need to revisit it this week in preparation for eliminating sugar.
- Exercise 5 days a week. Will I ever accomplish this goal? Sheesh… I started out great this week. Knee felt pretty good but then Wednesday it was bothering me again, but maybe that was because I upped the treadmill a little too much or because I decided it felt so good I didn’t need to take my anti inflammatory. But at any rate, I was frustrated by my step backwards, so to speak. Friday I knew I would have a day off because I was going to a workshop and it was starting early! Then enter conjunctivitis…. Yes, thank you dear toddler son for sharing nothing except your germs. Next time please keep your pink eye to yourself. No workshop for me, but a doctor’s visit instead. My eye was still all oozy on Saturday so I thought it best not to go spread my goodness with the other gymmers. So after four days off from walking my knee felt great today as I exercise and I was able to do some interval walking, upping the treadmill all the way to 3.3! I felt pretty good, but still surprised how difficult it seemed considering I was walking that briskly before Christmas.
- Participate in a 5K. Nope –
I’ll have to wait until May/June to accomplish this one!Registration opens this Wednesday for the Color Run! Who’s in???
- Get more sleep. I did manage to go to bed by 10:00 pm Friday…maybe because I took NyQuil and felt crappy, but I still accomplished my goal one day!
- Blog on my progress of my goals and post my weight. CHECK!! I have blogged several times this week. Hope you have been following!
- Lose 52 Pounds in 52 Weeks. Well, I ordered a new scale tonight… Read my earlier post from today to find out why. But since I am in charge here, I have ruled that I lost two pounds this week. I HOPE that is accurate… And I am getting a pedicure!! Next reward up is a new piece of workout clothing! TEN down, 42 to go!!
Now time for my friends to check in! How has your week been? Have you accomplished any goals?