At the end of each week, for my accountability I am going to check on the progress of my goals. Let’s see how this week went:
- Log my food & exercise. CHECK! Using My Fitness Pal, I have logged every morsel this week! I have had one day over my calorie goal of 1410 calories/day, but all other days have been at or just below the goal. This Fitness Pal is so motivating – it should be “My Fitness Best Friend.” My “Pal” has been reminding me everyday when I am done logging my meals, snacks & exercise that if I made everyday like today, that I would weigh X number of pounds in 5 weeks. What a way to pump me up! Of course I want to make everyday like today, because I want to see that number on the scale. Thanks, Pal!
- Follow my E-mealz Portion Controlled plan. CHECK! We have followed E-mealz each night. Most of the meals have been a hit with the whole family. I’ve logged all the recipes into My Fitness Pal and most dinners are 350 calories or less. It is then such an easy way to make sure I have a calorie & portion controlled lunch for the next day. When we’re cleaning up from dinner, I just put a portion in my to-go lunch container, stick it in the fridge with a piece of fruit and it’s all ready to go!
- Eliminate my addiction to sugar. Nope, I’m starting this in February. But I do need to do some thinking about a good way to go about this. I’m thinking of just eliminating added/unnecessary sugars – such as pop, sprinkled on sugar, etc.
- Exercise 5 days a week. Fail… with good reason. If you didn’t read my post from earlier in the week, I have been having some knee pain since I attempted running on Monday. I kept thinking it would go away or that if I did some light exercise it would be okay, but it really is not okay. My knee cannot bend or straighten completely, it’s difficult to go up and down stairs and just generally uncomfortable if I am moving around much. I have a doctor’s appointment on Monday. I am crossing my fingers that she will tell me it’s a knee strain or sprain and give me a wrap or brace. I will at least go to the gym next week and do weighted arm exercises. I will ask the doctor Monday what exercises she might recommend I start with so I don’t re-injure my knee.
- Participate in a 5K. Nope – I’ll have to wait until May/June to accomplish this one!
- Get a smartphone or iPod touch.
I used to think of these as luxuries, but there are so many apps out there that I can use to track food, exercise, heartrate. Plus there’s the bonus of using the music player to keep me moving quick during exercise that I no longer feel like it’s a luxury, but a necessity. Besides, there is always a good sale to find, so this ought to be an easy goal to accomplish!CHECK!!! My husband and I are loving our new phones. I have yet to pay for an app and there are so many great ways to use the phone. One example, my mom and I went out to celebrate her birthday today. We went to Chili’s where the menu had a “lighter meals” section. There was a QR code you could scan to get the nutrition information. I downloaded a free QR reader, scanned the code and decided to order the Margarita Lime Chicken based on the nutrition facts. Then I quickly logged into My Fitness Pal app, searched for the food I ordered and added it to my foods for the day. Fantastic technology!
- Get more sleep. Fail – My goal is in bed by 10:00 pm. I think I managed that once this week! Next week will be better. This week I got wrapped up in blogs or playing on my new phone, etc. There just isn’t much time left to get things done once my son goes to bed.
- Blog on my progress of my goals and post my weight. CHECK!! I have blogged several times this week. Hope you have been following!
- Lose 52 Pounds in 52 Weeks. I haven’t had my weekly weigh in yet, but I will update my Stats section and this post once I do. I think even with my reduced exercise, I will have lost something.
Now time for my friends to check in! How has your week been? Have you accomplished any goals?