Week 6/52: Goals Update
Have you ever seen the movie Money Pit? I have started to worry that’s where my house is headed. Our family is now heading into week 3 of not having a reliable drainage system. This means we cannot use the dishwasher, hand wash dishes (more than a couple at a time at least) and no using the washing machine. We thought all of our plumbing and drainage was fixed on Friday, but Sunday night as my hubby and I were working to rebox things in the garage and move them back into the basement and the washing machine was going, water started running into the garage from the wall adjacent to the laundry room – Flood #2. Fabulous. I’m a bit tired of us shop vac-ing the laundry room floor at 10:00 pm. So after being all excited that I woud go grocery shopping and cook healthy meals this coming week, we are in limbo again and eating whatever I can find that is lower calorie at fast food restaurants. So let’s hope Bob Harper and the folks at the Biggest Loser never read this. This season they are all about a Season of No Excuses. Bob probably would tell me I should have washed my dishes with the spigot outside or in the bathtub! My other excuse is that there were a few less structured meals that I didn’t have control over, such as parent teacher conference night where I did my best to guess how many calories I ate; the inservice the next day when my colleagues and I went out to eat and the kiddie birthday party where I had to guesstimate how many hundred calories of birthday cake I ate…. Again, Bob would have said i should have packed my dinner, packed my lunch and only ate the cake if it were whole wheat, egg free with sugar free icing (yeah, right). But as always, I’m keeping it real and honest, so here’s the scoop on the progress of my goals. Let’s see how this week went (all things considered):
- Log my food & exercise. CHECK! I did my best this week, but this has been a wacky week. I have definitely learned I am not ready to have a lot of freedom with food choices. My estimates I had to make probably weren’t 100% accurate.
- Follow my E-mealz Portion Controlled plan. Nope and boy do I miss my emeals! I know I complain about having to cook and clean and even though I love eating out (well, I don’t love eating fast food this much, I would much rather be eating at 4 star restaurants!), I am really looking forward to having a home cooked meal again!!!
- Eliminate my addiction to sugar. I’ve decided to start when Lent starts. Even though, I had been better about at least reducing my sugar… Yeah this week not so much. There was definitely some emotional eating and not so mindful eating. Thank you stress!
- Exercise 5 days a week. I managed four days at the gym and one day at home. Saturday I busted my butt with laundry, cleaning the basement floor and repacking boxes to move them back in the basement, but it seems like I get to do basement floor all over again.
- Participate in a 5K I would like to participate in the color run, but they still haven’t opened registration!! I hope they plan to extend their cheaper registration rate deadline.
- Get more sleep. Nope, still haven’t accomplished this one! But I read a really good article on the Huffington Post yesterday about getting more sleep and I am going to try their tips this week. Mini goal for this week: 2 nights in bed by 10:00 pm.
- Blog on my progress of my goals and post my weight I haven’t posted much this week, but hope you have read a little.
- Lose 52 Pounds in 52 Weeks. So last week I said, “This seems to be going much better than expected.” Enter excuses mentioned above and I gained nearly a pound this week… Oh well, it is a new week and I am still 18 pounds lighter than I was 6 weeks ago, so I am still positive that I am doing things right (as long as I have more structure!) 18 pounds down, 34 to go! Oh! I have a new deadline! I purchased a Groupon today for a spa day. The Groupon has to be used by August 22. So if I lose 45 pounds by then, I get a spa day!!! You can read more about my rewards here.
Now time for my friends to check in! How has your week been? Have you accomplished any goals?