Week 7/52: Goals Check-in
Knock on wood, send up some prayers – it appears that our plumbing issues are over. This past week we continued our quest to find the reason our washer draining would result in basement flooding. Our plumber heard from us again early in the week and once again dragged his equipment over to snake the drains. This time he managed to snake all the way out to where our main drain meets up with the city sewer lines and hit some big ol’ chunk o’something at the junction. Since then knock, knock no issues. We are now slowly catching up on laundry and maybe someday we will get all boxes back in the basement and my car can go back in the garage!
All things considered, this past week seemed to go pretty well. Let’s see how this week went:
- Log my food & exercise. CHECK! The good, the bad and the ugly – I really made sure I logged whatever I ate. Even that Sonic bacon cheeseburger and tater tots on Fat Tuesday… that was the only splurge though, so I am okay with that! Remember – if you use My Fitness Pal, please add me (dizzymomma) as a friend so we can keep each other accountable!
- Follow my Emeals Portion Controlled plan. CHECK! I think I cooked a couple of nights. Wednesday I made this tilapia dish with tomatoes and artichoke hearts. The hubby thought it was great, but I felt it was lacking something and it still tasted a LOT like fish… and I still have some leftovers. I am tired of eating it! Thursday night I made a really yummy homemade pizza – BBQ chicken pizza. I was a little wary because I’ve never really thought bbq sauce belonged on pizza, but this was actually really good and super easy! We had enough rotisserie chicken left from the bbq pizza, that I made a chicken alfredo pizza on Saturday night. I was quite impressed with it (if I say so myself!) and again, it was really easy. Start with one whole wheat pizza crust (I used Mama Mia’s from our local Wal-Mart), then top with 3 Tbls. Bertolli Garlic Alfredo sauce. Layer on sliced red onion, 1 1/2 C. diced rotisserie chicken and a couple of large handfuls fresh spinach. Dot with 3 more Tbls. alfredo sauce. Then top with 2 C. (1 bag) Kraft Italian blend cheese. Bake following crust directions. I may have let our pizza go a minute or two longer than it should, but aside from the very edge, it was tasty! I should have taken pictures of all the steps, but I never think of the picture process thing that so many of you wonderful bloggers think of, so below is a picture of the half-eaten result!
- Eliminate my addiction to sugar. In progress! I have not had sweets since last Tuesday. I did have Coke Zero with lunch on Saturday, but none of the obvious things I am eliminating.
- Exercise 5 days a week. CHECK! I exercised in the afternoon a couple of days, which felt really unusual since the sun was shining, but it was also a little energizing to see some light as I walked! My knee still bothers me when I do the elliptical, so I’m wondering what is going on? It feels uncomfortable under the knee cap. And one day last week I went to put my right knee on the couch to peer out our window and I couldn’t do it! It was so uncomfortable I had to hop up right away. It’s really not that painful, just uncomfortable. It no longer looks swollen either…hmmm…. thoughts from you guys?
- Participate in a 5K So now the Color Run has moved the KC date to June 30th… and registration opens this Tuesday at 6 a.m.! I cannot wait to register!! Just hope my knee will cooperate so that I can train and at least run part of it.
- Get more sleep. Well…. I have been getting more sleep, but it’s been on the couch! I have been zonking out on the couch this week and not waking up until 3:30, 4:00 a.m. then crawling in my own bed where I can’t fall asleep for what feels like forever. At least I’m sleeping earlier.
- Blog on my progress of my goals and post my weight New weight is posted on my stats page!
- Lose 52 Pounds in 52 Weeks. WOW! Again, I cannot believe how well this is going and I’m nervous that I will sabotage my efforts just because I am scared of all the changes I’m going through. I absolutely loved that when I walked into work on Wednesday people instantly noticed that I am slimming down. I heard, “you’re lookin’ good!” and “hey, skinny!” I was so flattered and I actually accepted the compliments instead of blowing them off (which is really difficult for me). Since I have already lost over 20 pounds, my new goal is to have lost 30 pounds by my birthday, which is in April! My hubby & I also need to find time for a date since that’s my next reward I have earned (I’m kind of behind on indulging in those!). Next up – a new pair of workout shoes! 21.4 pounds down, 28.6 to go!!!
Now time for my friends to check in! How has your week been? Have you accomplished any goals?