Week 8/52: Goals Check-in
Thanks for all the good thoughts & prayers – it appears they have worked! We’ve had zero plumbing issues for the last 10 days. We really put our drain to the test this weekend with numerous loads of laundry, running the dishwasher and plenty of showers and baths. We spent a lot of time over the weekend re-organizing what had been in the basement and moving it back to our under-the-stairs closet. It felt wonderful to have several bags of trash and donations to get out of our house. The garage will be ready for my car as soon as we convert the lil’ man’s crib to a toddler bed (the crib is convertible and the extra pieces are in the garage) and once we move just a couple more things into the closet. aaaahhhh……… feeeeeels gooooooood!
Here’s how this week went:
- Log my food & exercise. CHECK! (Yes, even the three pieces of cheese pizza from Friday night. And the two donuts from Saturday morning.) It’s okay if I’m not always under or even with my calorie goal as long as I am honest with myself! It’s a great reality check to see the numbers there in black & white. I may not like what I see, but it keeps me in line. I would love to add some more friends on My Fitness Pal. If you use it, please add me (dizzymomma)!
- Follow my Emeals Portion Controlled plan. CHECK! I cooked several nights last week in a frenzy to make up for the last several hit or miss weeks. I think our family’s favorite meal was the lasagna on Saturday night; although I think it could have been “skinnier.” It wasn’t until the lasagna was in the oven that I entered the recipe in My Fitness Pal to get the total calories and it was way more than I would have liked or expected. So I changed the servings from 6 to 8 to help a bit. The recipe already called for reduced fat versions of cheeses, I used turkey meat instead of ground beef as well, but the next time I make it I will see if there might be any other substitutions I could make. Our family also ate salad while the lasagna cooled a bit so even after having a smaller portion than called for I felt satisfied.
- Eliminate my addiction to sugar. In progress! This has been much more difficult than I thought!! I don’t know if it’s the stress I’ve been under at work (wait, that’s all the time, nothing unusual) or if sweets just seem that much more intriguing since I’m not eating them (yes, that’s DEFINITELY it!) but I have had a hard time not sneaking just one lil something sweet everyday. Now if I’m around people I am usually ok. They say, “Want some candy little girl?” and I say, “NOOOO!” and run in the other direction. But if I am alone and hungry… well then the showdown between the M&Ms and I usually ends in a chocolaty mess. So surprise, surprise, I am not perfect!
- Exercise 5 days a week. NOPE! I exercised only 3 days at the gym this week. I don’t remember exactly why I didn’t make it, but one morning I was having one of those weird dream-like thought sequences in which you are between half-awake and half-asleep and somehow convinced myself I did not have to get up until (what turned out to be) much too late to make it to the gym. At the time it made perfect sense and then once I was fully awake, I thought, “What the hell? Why would I get up nearly an hour late?”
- Participate in a 5K I AM REGISTERED FOR THE JUNE 30TH COLOR RUN!!!!!!!! A team of my fellow co-workers will be participating and raising money for the Ronald McDonald House. I will post more details as the event gets closer. I am so excited!!!! (I did skip a workout so I could register and it will be well worth it)!
- Get more sleep. I’m beginning to think there is a lot of truth to the expression, ‘”You can sleep when you’re dead.” Every weekend I resolve to get to bed earlier, but there is always so much to do! Am I right, mamas??
- Blog on my progress of my goals and post my weight I will be posting new pics, measurements and weight here in a little bit. I am also going to start a new series of posts on my blog called, “What I Made Monday.” I’ll post the Emeals dinner recipe, pictures and the family comments.
- Lose 52 Pounds in 52 Weeks. Despite missing a couple of workouts, I lost again this week! I am highly motivated to have an awesome week this week. As it stands now I have lost 23 pounds, which means I have 29 pounds to go. If I can lose 3 more pounds this coming week, I will be exactly at my halfway point, plus weigh the least I have in probably 5 or more years and be just a couple of pounds away from ONE-derland!!! 23 pounds down, 29 to go!!!
Now time for my friends to check in! How has your week been? Have you accomplished any goals?