Week 9/52: Goals Check-in
It was bound to happen. Like my toddler I have been pushing the limits – how much can I eat with how little exercise? This week I have found my limits. This is the first week I not only didn’t lose, I GAINED a pound. I have no excuses – I haven’t been weight lifting, so it’s not muscle over fat; I only exercised three days; I indulged in sweets; I even ate pizza twice last week and probably the worst – I drank real Coke. Not diet, not Coke Zero… Coca-Cola.
Here’s the blow-by-blow:
- Log my food & exercise. CHECK! Yes, even though I ate pizza (two nights), drank a Coca-Cola, ate ice cream (which even broke my Lenten resolution) I logged it all. The interesting thing is I only went over my calorie limit Friday & Sunday and came in under my weekly calorie goal. Hmmmm……
- Follow my Emeals Portion Controlled plan. CHECK! I cooked only two or three nights last week as I had several work commitments in the evenings. Monday I had BBQ with my dad, his wife, my aunt & uncle which was so good – both the BBQ & the company! Wednesday was sandwiches provided by work, Friday was pizza provided by work and then Saturday our family ordered pizza. Lots of meals out… may have been part of my weight gain; although I thought I accurately tracked the restaurant meals. Also, if you haven’t check out my new series “What I Made Monday” on this blog to get some yummy healthy recipe ideas.
- Eliminate my addiction to sugar. In progress! As I said last week, “I am not perfect!” Oh so true, I unfortunately had ice cream probably 3 times last week and then there was the Coca-Cola. I still tracked it all, but the addiction is still definitely there! Maybe I am just not mentally ready to make this change since I am making so many other changes and taking on new challenges. I will do my best as Lent continues though!
- Exercise 5 days a week. NOPE! I exercised only 3 days at the gym this week. Saturday I did spend about 2 1/2 hours outside working in the flower beds. I pulled weeds, dug holes, moved plants, pushed a wheelbarrow. My Fitness Pal said I burned nearly 800 calories! Buuuuutttt… with the weight gain I wonder if that was accurate??
- Participate in a 5K I am about to register for a 2 mile walk to benefit the Dream Factory. More info later!
- Get more sleep. This totally should have been my Lenten resolution. I have been regularly falling asleep on the couch about 9, but then I get up around 2 to go to bed and toss & turn. In the morning I feel more tired than the day before… I’ve got to get more sleep!!!
- Blog on my progress of my goals and post my weight CHECK! As in check out my posts! I would love to have more followers & thus more accountability!! Feel free to click that little button to the left to sign up to get an e-mail whenever I make a new post – and you might even get some new recipes out of it!
- Lose 52 Pounds in 52 Weeks. So bummed about my one pound gain – I am sooooo close to hitting the 100s! Now I feel like it’s so far away. I have a theory that I may be fearful of letting go of this weight. It is easier to follow old habits. It’s comfortable, the food tastes better, I can sleep longer if I don’t work out. But what could I possibly be afraid of? How about having to buy new clothes? It’s expensive. Or people noticing me? I really don’t enjoy being the center of attention (although I do love the compliments I’ve been getting). Maybe I’m really worried that I’ll reach my goal weight and still not be satisfied with my body. But I do want to be healthy. I want to be fit. I want to be able to run around in the yard and keep up with my 2-year-old. I get tired of people saying it’s not about the number on the scale. And you know, I’d be okay with that if I had lost nearly all my weight, but I should not be stalling out now with as much as I have to lose. My clothes are fitting better (the pants I wore today I could have sworn were going to fall off). I even have a pair of jeans that I bought over Christmas (that I had to zip while jumping up and down to get the zipper to budge and then I could hardly breathe if I sat down) that are now loose in the waist and getting there in the hips. I know things are headed in the right direction, I’m just ready for things to move faster!! 22 pounds down, 30 to go.
Now time for my friends to check in! How has your week been? Have you accomplished any goals?