Week 10/52: Goals Check-in
Woohoo! Double-digit weeks!
Last week was stressful – and this one is too – hence I am nearly done with Week 11 and just now blogging on Week 10. At the end of Week 9, hubby & I decided to transition our son to a toddler bed. You know, for fun… ha. ha. ha. It’s going ok, but some nights it takes forevvvvvver to get him to sleep. Anyway, that was stressor #1.
#2 is the defeating feeling of having lost zip for the second week in a row. And if you had seen how much I worked in the yard Friday & Saturday you would be shocked too. I have talked to friends about it and I know you mean well tossing out the “p” (plateau) word, but I have a hard time believing with so much more weight to lose I have hit a plateau. Even though I hate the “p” word I have done some research and it seems very possible I have hit a plateau. The good news is I don’t think I have to stay on this “p” long! More on that in another post, because it gets kind of sciencey-mathy (Yes, that’s a real word).
Here’s how I did with my goals this (really last) week:
- Log my food & exercise. CHECK! Yes, even the Texas Roadhouse rolls I enjoyed on my “I lost 20 pounds” date with my husband. I also logged the whopping 130 calories I burned going bowling on the same date.
- Follow my Emeals Portion Controlled plan. CHECK! I made some pretty yummy stuff, but we also had a lot of leftovers from other meals. Saturday (St. Patrick’s Day) we went to my Dad & his wife’s house for corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, peas, and the biggest cupcakes I’d ever seen. It was all delicious. I kept my portions small & estimated the calories as well as I could.
- Eliminate my addiction to sugar. In progress! Ummm… did you see my comment about the cupcakes above? I haven’t eliminated my sugar addiction yet. I try everyday and do pretty well, but…… man, it’s hard!!
- Exercise 5 days a week. CHECK! So. much. gardening. I think I exercised 3 days at the gym and then literally worked 6 hours in the garden on Friday and another 3 on Saturday. My legs were still sore yesterday from all the shoveling, digging, & squatting.
- Get more sleep. Someday……
- Blog on my progress of my goals and post my weight Not so great last week, just not enough hours in the day to get everything done!
- Lose 52 Pounds in 52 Weeks. I didn’t lose a blessed thing this week, not even an ounce. Ugh… sounds like the “p” word… I was really ticked on Tuesday morning when I did my weigh-in. I have a friend at work who has also been working out and joined Weight Watchers. She & I started close to the same weight and she has now lost 10 pounds more than I. I am very happy for her and she looks great, but I so want to be there too! I am frustrated!!! 22 pounds down, 30 to go.
Now time for my friends to check in! How has your week been? Have you accomplished any goals?