Week 15/52: Goals Check-in
I might as well title this: Up & Down, Up & Down.
- Log my food & exercise. Check! I have logged everything – the weight of the weights I lifted, the length of time I walked, the foods I ate – everything! Good & bad (but most of it is good anyway!). If you use My Fitness Pal, I would love to add you as a friend so we can keep each other motivated – look me (dizzymomma) up by clicking on the “Community” tab and then “Find Members.”
- Follow my Emeals Portion Controlled plan. CHECK! I cooked a lot this week. I can’t remember everything, but one particular meal we all liked was a Southwest Quiche. We told the little guy it was egg pie, because we figured anything followed by the word “pie” would get eaten… and it absolutely did. I’m sure I’ve given the impression that he’s a picky eater – he’s not, he’s just two and if it sounds unusual, he will act two and announce he doesn’t like it. I plan to post the Southwest Quiche recipe later this week on the blog, so stay tuned!
- Eliminate my addiction to sugar. This last week I’ve actually been more focused on tracking my sodium. So many mornings I wake up and feel puffy and thirsty, so I’m trying to figure out where all this salt is coming from. I’m sure I could make more foods from “scratch” and scratch out the salt that way. Maybe that’s something I can experiment with this summer.
- Exercise 5 days a week. YES! Yes! Yes!! I made it to the gym all 5 mornings last week. I strength trained three of those days. And Friday I got the best self-confidence boosting compliment while I was there! You really need to read my story.
- Get more sleep. Nah – it ain’t happenin’. I think I would like to get 7 hours, but I never get more than 6.
- Blog on my progress of my goals and post my weight. I blogged several times. Check out my posts from the last week – here, here, here and here.
- Lose 52 Pounds in 52 Weeks. See all that awesomeness above?? 5 days working out, tracking my food, watching my sodium??? And for what?? Well, Friday morning I weighed in at the lowest number I’ve seen in years! Securely in ONEderland! And then I celebrated my birthday. . … My husband took me out Saturday to a dinner theater. The food was excellent and even though it was a buffet, I was only able to eat one plate of food. I was so disappointed I got full so quickly! I was able to sample everything, but had planned to get one more plate of whatever was my favorite, but I got full! I also ended up with a huge tummy ache. I imagine my stomach wasn’t used to all the rich foods. Sunday our family went out for pizza. I started with a salad and only ate two pieces of pizza. We had ice cream from a local walk-up ice cream shop (I had a scoop of birthday cake flavor, appropriately). The rest of the weekend I ate as I usually (healthfully) would. I even tracked it all. So I went into my Tuesday morning weigh-in with high hopes – I figured it wouldn’t be as low as Friday morning, but still under the 200 mark. And boy was I wrong!! I gained nearly 3 pounds!!! I am so frustrated with gaining and losing these same 2-3 pounds for the last few weeks, especially since there are more birthday celebrations and various parties scheduled in our next several weekends. I’m beginning to think my new weigh-in day should be Friday – I probably won’t do that though because I would totally slack off & overindulge on the weekend. So of my last weigh-in this morning, I have lost 27 pounds, which leaves me with 25 pounds to lose this year! I’m not so happy about that, but it is what it is. I am really looking forward to saying “I’ve lost 30 pounds!” or “I’m in ONEderland and been there a whole week!” Ups & downs…
Now time for my friends to check in! How has your week been? Have you accomplished any goals?