Week 17 brought my new diet into play, MUSIC and the last of my birthday celebrating! Busy, but good week! I promise I will tell you about the new diet, just give me time.
- Log my food & exercise. Check! I learned from my fitbit that I burn about 2300 calories (on average) per day. I find it really interesting that even though it resets itself at midnight, when I wake up at 5:00 a.m., I have already burned about 350 calories – just laying in bed! It has really put what I learned about BMR and TDEE in the front of my mind. It’s making so much more sense that I cannot eat just 1200 calories a day – if I can burn nearly a quarter of that just laying in bed for 5 hours. I must feed myself to keep my body happy and satisfied with dropping some weight. If you use My Fitness Pal, there is an excellent group called Eating More to Weigh Less. I would encourage you to check them out. The ladies that moderate the group give excellent advice, ideas & support. I would love to add you as a friend on MFP so we can keep each other motivated – look me (dizzymomma) up by clicking on the “Community” tab and then “Find Members.”
- Follow my Emeals Portion Controlled plan. CHECK! I had to make quite a few modifications this week to make it fit my new eating plan, but everything was still yummy & the whole family enjoyed it! We went out to eat for the last of my birthday celebrations on Sunday, where I completely enjoyed an ooey-gooey cheesey enchilada (and a half). So yummy, so worth the calories.
- Eliminate my addiction to sugar. My new way of eating is going to make this a reality!
- Exercise 5 days a week. Eh – only 3 days. One morning I couldn’t seem to pull myself out of bed and then the next day apparently I didn’t even set my alarm, so by the time I woke up it was the time I would have gotten back from the gym – whoops! But Friday I worked out in the morning, ran around (ok, not literally) work like a mad woman and then mowed the grass – I was pooped after that!
- Get more sleep. Hmmm… except for that forgetting-to-set-my-alarm morning, I haven’t gotten much more sleep.
- Blog on my progress of my goals and post my weight. Still way behind! But never fear – 6 more days until summer vaca! Then you’ll get sick of me! At least until my summer job starts…
- Lose 52 Pounds in 52 Weeks. AAAARGH! At this point, I’d be happy with 30! Do you hear me, Me? I just want to see that 30 pounds lost badge appear on my blog – come on!! I’m getting so impatient!!! (if you couldn’t tell)
And for the music part of my week? Well, I finally got to check out the new community band and for a small fledgling organization, the group sounds really good. Unfortunately I couldn’t play at their first concert because I was playing in another, but I heard great reviews! The concert I played in was an alumni concert for the group I played in in high school. I must tell you, these high school musicians are so talented. Absolutely amazing – it was an honor to be allowed to play with them.
Now time for my friends to check in! How has your week been? Have you accomplished any goals?