I’m getting a little frustrated with the scale, so let’s focus on non-scale progress!
- My knee has healed and I can walk at an incline of 6 or more without pain
- My heart rate returns to normal much quicker and it takes a lot more speed and incline to make it skyrocket off the monitor on the treadmill
- I can go on the elliptical for 30 minutes without thinking I’m going to die. Next up, tackle the torture machine next to it! It looks like an elliptical, but it’s different somehow…you almost have to jump on the pedals to make it start to move, and if I slow down to breathe, I have to jump on it again to restart it… It’s hard!
- The stairs at work seem a lot easier now than in August. Sometimes I catch myself doing two at a time!
- I can work all the lower body machines with at least 70 pounds of weight on them. And on some of them I can push as much as 100 pounds.
- I can take off all of my pants, shorts and capris without unbuttoning or unzipping them. (makes pit stops faster, lol) They are all size 16 or 18, so I’m guessing I’m a size 14?!?
- My shirts are definitely looser around my arms, chest and stomach. I’m claustrophobic and cannot stand tight shirts. The other day, I even donated some shirts that I wore in January but could now classify as “way toooooo big” or “pajama shirts,” but I don’t need more pajama shirts.
- My skin is clearer from the 14 or so glasses of water I drink every day
5-19-12: I can now fit a tshirt my Mon bought me in Italy FIVE years ago. I’m wearing it for the first time today!
That’s all I can think of at the moment, but I’ll add more when I think of them!
Please add your own non-scale victory! I love reading others’ victories; they are so inspiring!