T-minus 3 hours & counting…
It is less than 3 hours until the Color Run starts!! Yep, it’s 4:30 a.m. and I am up and almost ready to leave. I’ve actually been awake since 2 a.m. because I am so apprehensive/excited about this morning!
- 1st 5K
- There will be thousands of people! (get this: every 5 minutes a wave of 1000 people leave the start line. They do that for an hour… you do the math!)
- I get to go with some great friends from work!
- It is THE COLOR RUN – “the happiest 5K on the planet”
- I’m not running in my fancy new shoes, so nervous I will reinjure my knee
- I want to run some of it, but it’s going to so hot that it may be just 10 steps.
- I am wearing a tank top and my arms don’t look so toned and fabulous in real life as they do in my head
- It’s 4:30 a.m. and it’s already 80 degrees outside and I live in the sticks. What’s the temp going to be in vast concrete of the Truman sports complex?
- It’s 80 degrees already.
- Did I mention it’s going to be hot??
I cannot wait to write a big ol’ post later with bunches of colorful pictures – I will have my phone wrapped in a sandwich bag. So as long as I don’t die of heat exhaustion (actually & seriously, please say some prayers that all the runners are ok today) I will be sharing with you soon!