Since it’s been so long since I’ve updated my goals & things on here, I thought I would indulge you in my random thoughts today:
- Making beans for recipes from dried beans instead of using canned is not as difficult as I thought! Not to mention much cheaper and without extra salt and preservatives. Try it sometime!
- We tried a new protein powder this week: I was not impressed. I won’t give the brand, but hubby & I did not like it. I guess I’m used to protein powders that have a little sweetness added. This did not and I didn’t realize it. What a shock on that first sip!
- I love the weather in Kansas City right now. I really should be mowing the grass… I really should be doing a lot of things. My to do list is so long.
- Prayers really do get answered! I work with a lady battling breast cancer and today she received some wonderful news which can only be called a miracle. I will keep praying for her!
- Working out is much easier when I’m in a routine to go in the morning, but I can also work out for much longer when I go in the afternoon.
- High school football players lifting weights intimidate me.
- Monday was just not a good work out day. I had a headache, my clothes felt too small and the above mentioned high schoolers were also at the gym. I warmed up, did a quick circuit of the lower body weight machines and then used the elliptical the rest of the time. Just wasn’t feeling it.
- Anybody have any toddler potty training tips?
- I finally lost a pound this week! And guess what?? I upped my calories again. It’s not the intuitive thing, but it works for me!
- I really dislike road construction! Particularly on my route to work.
- I’m going to be making homemade granola bars soon – stay tuned!
Next week I will begin updating you again on my week-by-week progress. Measurements to be updated soon!