It’s been awhile since I have posted a “Goals Check-in” but in order to be accountable I think I need to make this a habit again. Here’s how the past week went:
- Log my food & exercise. Check! This is second nature to me now. My phone is about to die every night because I’m using the MyFitnessPal app all the time to log what I eat and enter my workouts. (Ok, I also
playstalk a lot on Facebook, but I use MFP a LOT! I need to add more friends – always looking for positive supportive motivating friends, so if you use My Fitness Pal, I would love to add you as a friend – look me (dizzymomma) up by clicking on the “Community” tab and then “Find Members.”
- Follow my Emeals Portion Controlled plan. Sorta – we had a lot of leftovers in the fridge this last week, but Monday I got my Emeals plan printed and got myself to the grocery store and stalked up on the ingredients needed to follow it this week. Also bought my new favorite Greek yogurt flavor – Dannon Oikos Key Lime. It actually tastes like Key Lime Pie! In the past when I have tried key lime yogurts, I thought they tasted like PineSol, blech! But this is soooo creamy & truly limey. Like dessert in a cup, but with way more protein & calcium.
- Eliminate my addiction to sugar. I feel so free with my “Eating More to Lose Weight” approach that I don’t feel like I have to eliminate my addiction to sugar. Nothing feels “off limits.” Now, I must admit we had a box of Nutty Bars in the house a couple of weeks ago and that truly tested my willpower. One “portion” of nutty bars packs a whopping 310 calories… and not exactly filling. So it’s things like that that I need to break my addiction to. Not feeling deprived though, especially since I track all of my calories. I can plan around a meal out or eat lighter during the day if I know I’m going to want ice cream for dessert.
- Exercise 5 days a week. Nope – I did 3 days. But those 3 days were following the C25K (Couch to 5K) plan!! Last Monday, lil man & I went to pick up my running shoes at The Running Well Store and I ran my first day of C25K that evening. It wasn’t pretty and my knee was a little sore after the first workout, but every time I run I do improve, although it’s baby steps. Tonight’s workout just stunk… I felt so good the first 4 intervals (each interval at this point is run 1 minute, walk 90 seconds). I was able to run the first 4, then decided to walk through the 5th because I knew I was getting tired, but then the 6th I could barely do 30 seconds and then I HAD to walk the last 2 intervals. My legs felt so leaden that I couldn’t even walk faster than 3.0. I don’t know what happened – advice from my running friends??
- Get more sleep. This is happening – but only because it is summer vacation! But last night, I just couldn’t get comfy. I woke up at 4 a.m. and laid there & laid there & laid there….. and then fell asleep about 2 minutes before my alarm went off, which was about the same time lil man decided he wanted to get up.
- Blog on my progress of my goals and post my weight. Check out my stats page to see the latest!
- Lose 52 Pounds in 52 Weeks. So I am securely in onederland! This week I saw a new all-time low (at least for this weight loss journey) on the scale. I’m gonna make it official – I have lost THIRTY pounds! I have been hovering at 28/29 lost for months, so I’m wondering if the running jump-started my body into losing again. (Totally okay with that by the way.) Now, my next milestone is 32 pounds lost – because I’ve been wanting that since April when my 32nd birthday was approaching. I’m hoping it doesn’t take another two months to lose the next two pounds! 30 pounds down 22 to go!!!!
Now time for you to check in! How has your week been? How are your personal goals going? I would love to hear from my friend who is training for a marathon!