Week 16/52: Goals Check-in
I am way behind! I’m halfway through week 18, and I haven’t even had a chance to tell you about weeks 16 or 17! I feel like a lot of changes have happened since I last wrote. In a nutshell, I still haven’t reached that magic 32 pounds lost; I’m trying a new diet (read: a new way of eating, not a fad diet); I got an awesome birthday present; and I’m feeling more self-confident every day (reminder – this is how I felt during week 16).
- Log my food & exercise. Check! And I have a new “toy” to help keep me in line. Meet the Fitbit! I had heard things about it here and there and then when I was at my conference a few weeks ago, a lady behind me was talking about how great her fitbit is, so I just butted right on into her conversation and asked her all about it. Then I texted my hubby and said, “if you still need a bday idea for me, how about a fitbit?” I’m still learning to use it and the website it syncs to has all sort of tools, but probably the greatest thing is that you can link it to MyFitnessPal (and other similar websites), so they talk to each other and if I’ve had a particularly active day, my Fitbit will tell MyFitnessPal to let me have some extra calories! If you use My Fitness Pal, I would love to add you as a friend so we can keep each other motivated – look me (dizzymomma) up by clicking on the “Community” tab and then “Find Members.”
- Follow my Emeals Portion Controlled plan. CHECK! I know I haven’t posted any “What I Made Monday” recipes lately, but we’ve been enjoying yummy food. I’m really looking forward to vacation to cook more!
- Eliminate my addiction to sugar. My new way of eating is going to make this a reality!
- Exercise 5 days a week. ALMOST – I made it 4 days. I will explain more later, but I was in a lot of pain. Like, this-is-all-I-can-do-to-get-up-and-pretend-I-feel-good-at-work pain and popping 4 ibuprofen every 4 hours. So I decided not to work out that morning.
- Get more sleep. Yeah – my awesome lil’ Fitbit even tracks my sleep! It informs me that I sleep just about 6 hours a night – but get this – I hardly wake up, so once I’m out (according to FitBit, it takes me about 5 minutes to fall asleep), I usually stay asleep, so I am 99% sleep effiicient! Yay for efficiency, but let’s bump up the duration to 8 hours!!
- Blog on my progress of my goals and post my weight. As mentioned above, I am so behind!!
- Lose 52 Pounds in 52 Weeks. This is the holy grail. Lately it’s two steps forward, one step back. I’m still hovering on the border to onederland. It’s like the border patrol can’t figure out if I’m a legal resident, so they are keeping me in a holding cell until I can prove I deserve residency in onederland! Someday I will push through and kiss my old homeland goodbye!!
Now time for my friends to check in! How has your week been? Have you accomplished any goals?